Sustainability has become an ever present initiative in the venue management industry as it exemplifies the triple bottom line: people, planet, and profit. OVG360 and the Duke Energy Convention Center, in particular, have made great strides in diverting waste from our landfills and stretching energy efficiency goals to make a positive impact.
The following accomplishments highlight the initiatives of the Center:
- Installation of a 101.0 kw DC photovoltaic solar array on the roof of the Exhibit Halls
- LED lighting upgrade in 1st floor Exhibit Halls
- Green certified soap and eco-friendly paper products in all public restrooms
- Recycling of used cooking oil
- Front of house composting to encourage attendees to contribute to conservation
- Multi-stream recycling units